[Samba] ID mapping with SFU not setting shell

O'Connor, Daniel darius at dons.net.au
Mon Aug 31 00:59:40 UTC 2020

> On 30 Aug 2020, at 22:06, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>
> On 30/08/2020 12:57, O'Connor, Daniel wrote:
>> Well I guess that explains why it doesn't work then :)
>>
>> I can (and currently do) work around it by having entries in master.passwd that have the correct shell etc..
>
> If you want your users to have the same shell, you can add this to your smb.conf:
>
> template shell = /bin/sh
>
> There is a similar line for the users home directory:
>
> template homedir = /home/%U
>
> It does mean that all users get the same shell and homedir path.

Yeah I have seen those, unfortunately I need to have different shells for different users..

Hmm I guess I should have read https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Domain_Controller#Using_the_Domain_Controller_as_a_File_Server in more detail..

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."