[Samba] Network rebuild advice needed

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Aug 30 19:57:50 UTC 2020

On 30/08/2020 20:31, Peter Pollock wrote:
> I upgraded zentyal as far as 6.1 before it stopped upgrading (it won't
> save changes any more either, so I can't change almost anything)
> sitting on Samba 4.7

Sorry, not what is it now, what was it at the start. I ask this because
there was a similar problem reported sometime ago and the early Samba
versions used a different dns structure to what is used now. Try reading
this:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/817470/how-to-reconfigure-an-msdcs-subdomain-to-a-forest-wide-dns-application

This (if it is your problem), coupled with the zentyal schema extensions
(which you cannot remove), probably mean it will be easier to start again.

Rowland