[Samba] ID mapping with SFU not setting shell

O'Connor, Daniel darius at dons.net.au
Sun Aug 30 09:12:53 UTC 2020

Hi,
I'm trying to use SFU to set user IDs, shells, etc. but I can't work out the right magic - it always seems to use default template shell and home directory (but the UID seems correct)

The global section of my smb4.conf looks like so:
# Global parameters
[global]
        log level = all:2
        netbios name = GATEWAY2
        realm = BEGER.COM.AU
        workgroup = BEGER
        server services = -dns
        time server = yes
        winbind nss info = sfu
        winbind use default domain = yes

root at gateway2:~ # getent passwd testuser
BEGER\testuser:*:123123:20::/home/BEGER/testuser:/bin/false

Whereas the shell should be /bin/sh and the home directory /home/testuser

# record 26
dn: CN=test user,CN=Users,DC=beger,DC=com,DC=au
objectClass: top
objectClass: person
objectClass: organizationalPerson
objectClass: user
cn: test user
uidNumber: 123123
loginShell: /bin/sh
unixHomeDirectory: /home/testuser
gidNumber: 0
msSFU30Name: testuser

This is FreeBSD 12.1-RELEASE-p7 with Samba 4.11.8 using ZFS.

Thanks

--
Daniel O'Connor
are so many of them to choose from."