[Samba] Network rebuild advice needed

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Sun Aug 30 00:42:09 UTC 2020

Tried the join. Failed to find a writeable DC
Tried with --server and gave it the name of one of the servers. No luck

Tried a different server and....

itadmin at dc2020:/run/samba$ samba-tool domain join kcs.local DC
-U"KCS\domainadmin" --dns-backend=SAMBA_INTE
 RNAL --server "luke.kcs.local"
Password for [KCS\domainadmin]:
INFO 2020-08-30 00:37:08,420 pid:175166
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/join.py #1542: workgroup is KCS
INFO 2020-08-30 00:37:08,420 pid:175166
/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/join.py #1545: realm is kcs.local
Adding CN=DC2020,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=kcs,DC=local
Join failed - cleaning up
ERROR(ldb): uncaught exception - LDAP error 68 LDAP_ENTRY_ALREADY_EXISTS -
 <00002071: ../ldb_tdb/ldb_index                            .c:1339: Failed
to re-index objectSid in CN=DC2020,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=kcs,DC=local -
../ldb_tdb/ldb_i                            ndex.c:1259: unique index
violation on objectSid in CN=DC2020,OU=Domain Controllers,DC=kcs,DC=local>
<>
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/__init__.py", line 186,
in _run
    return self.run(*args, **kwargs)
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/netcmd/domain.py", line 701,
in run
    join_DC(logger=logger, server=server, creds=creds, lp=lp, domain=domain,
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1558, in join_DC
    ctx.do_join()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 1446, in do_join
    ctx.join_add_objects()
  File "/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/samba/join.py", line 654, in
join_add_objects
    ctx.samdb.add(rec, controls=controls)

Does the world just hate me?