[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Sat Aug 29 06:54:20 UTC 2020

Andrew, I very much appreciate your swift reply and your expertise. I
readily admit I'm a little out of my depth here. I'm sitting here in
California at almost midnight with just the weekend to get done all I need
to do on the network and I fear this may be derailing my plans.

This article on the Samba Wiki
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Changing_the_IP_Address_of_a_Samba_AD_DC seems
to suggest I need to demote and repromote if I change the address, is that
also the same if I change the subnet?

I'm sorry if that's a dumb question, but I'm having severe problems with
these servers and I really don't want to screw anything up because I try
something stupid.

Peter