[Samba] Changing IP Scope on a Samba DC

Peter Pollock peter.pollock at kingschristian.org
Sat Aug 29 04:02:32 UTC 2020

I've asked a couple of other questions on here, which people have kindly
answered and I'm waiting for the opportunity to implement what they have
suggested.

In the meantime:

We are running out of IP addresses!
We currently use 192.168.2.0/24 and it's proving to not be enough addresses.

I'm considering changing to 192.168.4.0/22 to virtually quadruple the
number of addresses we have available and hopefully keep us in available
addresses for years to come.

My question is: how hard is this to do in Samba? We have 3 DC's and from
what I read, I need to demote one, change the IP then re-promote it... but
I'm guessing it then won't be able to talk to the others because it will be
on a different subnet.

Is there any other way to do it, or is it just not possible?

Thanks in advance for your help!