[Samba] The new contribute process, thanks for the thanks!

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Aug 26 19:42:55 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-08-26 at 10:19 -0400, Andrew Walker wrote:

> The last time I checked, the patches necessary for ZFS-backed sysvol
> for AD DC were relatively minor. I can double-check on master and
> make an appropriate MR when I have time. This is one of the things
> that has gotten much better in the past year or so (making merge
> requests through gitlab). From an external standpoint, upstreaming
> fixes is a much clearer process than it used to be.

Thank you very much for saying this.  I've personally, via my
colleagues at Catalyst and through the great flexibility, support and
assistance of my fellow Samba Team members been working really hard on
this for a number of years now.

It really helps to be reassured by an external contributor (rather than
our own gut instinct, a view from the inside) that we have defined a
clear process, and that things have improved.

For others, the process is now I hope well documented here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Contribute

As always, do let me know if anything could be clearer, and I'll fix it
up.

Thanks so much, this kind of feedback makes it all worthwhile.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org