[Samba] accessing foreign AD users to NT domain

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Tue Aug 25 16:20:42 UTC 2020

On 25/08/2020 12:05, Piviul via samba wrote:
> Rowland penny via samba ha scritto il 25/08/20 alle 12:21:
>> [...]
>> Try adding 'nltm auth = yes' to the smb.conf, it defaulted to 'no' at
>> 4.5.0
> thanks Rowland I have tried to change ntlm auth to yes but AD users
> continue to have problems connecting to the shares...
>
> Piviul

Even though your users may have the same username in AD as in the
NT4-style domain, they are different users, so a few thoughts. You have
'map to guest = bad user', so I take it you must have 'guest ok = yes'
set in the shares (you haven't shown us the shares), so try changing
'bad user' to 'bad password'. The only other thing I can think of at the
moment is to remove 'winbind use default domain = yes'

Rowland