[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.11.12 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Aug 25 08:00:13 UTC 2020

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.11 release series.

Changes since 4.11.11
---------------------

o  Jeremy Allison <jra at samba.org>
   * BUG 14403: s3: libsmb: Fix SMB2 client rename bug to a Windows server.

o  Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org>
   * BUG 14424: dsdb: Allow "password hash userPassword schemes = CryptSHA256"
     to work on RHEL7.
   * BUG 14450: dbcheck: Allow a dangling forward link outside our known NCs.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 14426: lib/debug: Set the correct default backend loglevel to
     MAX_DEBUG_LEVEL.
   * BUG 14428: s3:smbd: PANIC: assert failed in get_lease_type().

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 14370: lib/util: do not install "test_util_paths".

o  Amit Kumar <amitkuma at redhat.com>
   * BUG 14345: lib:util: Fix smbclient -l basename dir.

o  Stefan Metzmacher <metze at samba.org>
   * BUG 14428: s3:smbd: PANIC: assert failed in get_lease_type().

o  Christof Schmitt <cs at samba.org>
   * BUG 14166: util: Allow symlinks in directory_create_or_exist.

o  Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org>
   * BUG 14358: docs: Fix documentation for require_membership_of of
     pam_winbind.

o  Andrew <awalker at ixsystems.com>
   * BUG 14425: s3:winbind:idmap_ad: Make failure to get attrnames for schema
     mode fatal.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the "Samba 4.1 and newer" product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.11.12.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy