[Samba] core dump from samba-tool when chnging user password

James B. Byrne byrnejb at harte-lyne.ca
Mon Aug 24 15:56:48 UTC 2020

On Mon, August 24, 2020 11:17, James B. Byrne wrote:

> On the other hand, the errors I report are likely solvable should someone with
> the ability to do so take note of them, so I am reporting this one.  What I
> want to know is whether this should be reported as a bug or whether this
> problem has been solved in a more recent version of Samba.  I am not prepared
> to move from 4.10.15 until after the complete transition from the existing
> domain and DC is complete.  But, if it has been fixed then that would be useful
> to know.

As it turns out this is not the first report of this problem.  It is evidently
related to the talloc port in FreeBSD and may, or may not, have to do with
jails.  There are open bug reports respecting this on the FreeBSD bugzilla
tracking system.

   Unencrypted messages have no legal claim to privacy

Canada  L8E 3C3