[Samba] accessing foreign AD users to NT domain

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 24 14:47:51 UTC 2020

Hai,

Due some changes somewhere.. Windows/samba, not sure where,
I had to change something also here. "sometimes"
a win 10 cant connect (with  passthrough auth ) on my old PDC.
The (old) network drive's stop workin in that case.

I added simple script to fix it untill my PDC is gone.

@echo off
net use g: /delete
ping localhost -n 3 >nul
net use g: \\server.fqdn.tld\share /persistent:yes
exit

And i do that for all driverletter having this problem..
So what i did change here.

This line:
net use g: \\server.fqdn.tld\share /persistent:yes
Was :
net use g: \\server.fqdn.tld\share /persistent:yes /user:NT4DOM\%username%

I dont know why this is, but it happend offcourse after windows 10 update(s).

Greetz,

Louis