[Samba] core dump from samba-tool when chnging user password

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 24 13:51:34 UTC 2020

On 24/08/2020 14:25, James B. Byrne via samba wrote:
> FreeBSD-12.1p8
> Samba-4.10.15
>
> I attempted to change the user password of a logged in userid using samba-tool
> on the PDC and this is what happened:

It isn't a PDC, that is something quite different ;-)

It is your first DC.

I am also beginning to think your problems are all self inflicted by
running your Samba instances in Freebsd jails. The problems you are
having around talloc are definitely not normal. Is there anyway you
could set up Samba without using jails ?

Rowland