[Samba] smbclient mask command seems not to work the same way with recurse ON for mget and mput

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 24 10:45:21 UTC 2020

On 24/08/2020 11:23, LPC DPG via samba wrote:
> Dear folks.
>
> Was hoping it had to do with the release, but have also tested in 4.4.16
> and the issue is also there. I am aware a RHEL/CEntOS based upon 6
> distribution is not the most up to date version I should test this on, as
> it also limits how easy is compiling most recent versions of Samba, but I
> assume though this is not a tricky test, and should work as documented in
> both 4.4 and 4.2 versions.
>
> Looking forward to reading your remarks.

Well, it probably should work as documented, but if it doesn't, you have
absolutely no chance of getting it fixed, OEL6, RHEL6, Scientific Linux6
and Centos6 all die in October. Samba 4.4.6 went EOL nearly 3 years ago.

I suggest you upgrade your OS, which will also upgrade Samba. If the
Samba version you end up with is >= 4.10.x (very shortly to be 4.11.x)
then if you still have a problem, Samba will try to fix it, any earlier
version relies on the distro fixing it.

The thing is, your problem may have been found and fixed in a later
Samba version.

Rowland