[Samba] Windows XP issues

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Aug 24 07:40:53 UTC 2020

On 24/08/2020 05:16, Franco Suarez via samba wrote:
> Thanks Andrew for the answer.
>
> But even if I enable Windows XP to use NTLMv2 (using Regedit on
> (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CURRENTCONTROLSET/CONTROL/LSA
> LMCOMPATIBILITYLEVEL to 5) and adding  "ntlm auth = ntlmv1-permitted" to my
> smb.conf
>
> Still the same error. (No *more connections can* be *made* to this remote
> computer at this time) in versions higher than 4.10.
>
> Any ideas?

 From Samba 4.11.0, SMBv1 is turned off by default, you can try turning
it back on by adding:

server min protocol = NT1

to your smb.conf

If this fixes your problem, then you must understand that your network
is now insecure and you should remove the XP machines as soon as possible.

If it doesn't fix the problem, then revert the change and consider if
this is actually a problem with the XP machines.

Rowland