[Samba] Windows 10 workstation won't register with DNS after Samba update

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 19 20:34:53 UTC 2020

On 19/08/2020 21:10, Barry Ralphs via samba wrote:

> On 8/19/2020 1:04 PM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
>> On 19/08/2020 20:57, Barry Ralphs via samba wrote:
>>> The OS is CentOS 7.
>>> The packages are from Tranquil:
>>> https://samba.tranquil.it/centos7/stable/x86_64/
>>> There were to many conflicts with the in-place update, so I had to
>>> uninstall & reinstall Samba.
>>> Maybe that's why it missing...
>>
>> How many DC's do you have ?
>>
>> If you have more than one DC, then I would demote this DC and then
>> rejoin it, this should get everything back to how it should be.
>>
>> Rowland
>>
> We only have 1 DC.

Did you back everything up before the upgrade ? If so how ?

This is one of the reasons why we suggest running at least two DC's, you
can upgrade one by demoting it, upgrade Samba and then rejoin it as a
new DC.

You say that you removed Samba and then installed the new version, just
how much of Samba did you remove ?

Rowland