[Samba] PANIC running Samba as Domain Controller

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 19 08:52:22 UTC 2020

On 19/08/2020 08:26, William Ross via samba wrote:
> We've been having issues with the samba process PANICing for some time
> now (approx 24 months, though the log files have rotated so I can't
> give an exact date).

First, Samba should not panic, but I noticed the mention of a Windows
2012R2 machine, how is this joined to the domain ? as a DC or a domain
member ?

If it is a DC, this will probably mean that the schema was upgraded to
version 69 and this is still regarded as experimental, though this may
have nothing to do with your problem.

I think you need to do a bit of work so that Samba can help you, get
level 10 logs and traces (note you need to add the debug packages)

Rowland