[Samba] CTDB and locking issues reloaded

Martin Schwenke martin at meltin.net
Tue Aug 18 03:36:08 UTC 2020

On Thu, 16 Apr 2020 17:45:24 +0200, Giuseppe Lo Presti via samba
<samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> And to close on this thread, I'd suggest to document the vfs objects
> parameter in the CTDB documentation, as it's a pretty unintuitive one to
> find out when configuring a samba cluster.

It would be impossible to fit all of the possibly relevant details into
the manual pages and then keep them up to date.

So, I've added a prominent link to the wiki near the top of the ctdb(7)
manual page and also in the "See also" section.  Pointing to the wiki
should at least given people somewhere obvious to go for more details,
especially when they have problems.

This has missed 4.13 but will be in 4.14.

I hope this will help people in the future...

peace & happiness,
martin