[Samba] Samba4 syncpassword fails

Julien TEHERY julien.tehery at mediactivegroup.com
Mon Aug 17 06:44:53 UTC 2020

>Well, I ask myself the same question. The fact is that it went bad at the precise second we tried to add a new remote DC to the domain.
>This never happened before has we had many other remote DCs and use to join them whitout any problem.
>
>I was hopping that deleting and recreating the ldb cache would be sufficient, but it wasn't. Launching the daemonized script failed at the end of the first sync with the error i gave you.

Is anyone on the dev side able to explain what happens here?

Reminder of the error during a password sync:

Thu Aug 13 15:19:12 2020: pid[31990]: ldb.LdbError(12) => (LDAP error 12 LDAP_UNAVAILABLE_CRITICAL_EXTENSION -  <0000202C: Unable to unmarshall cookie as a ldapControlDirSyncCookie structure at ../source4/dsdb/samdb/ldb_modules/dirsync.c:1269> <>)