[Samba] getent passwd blank response

Bob Wooden bob at donelsontrophy.com
Sat Aug 15 12:34:28 UTC 2020

On 8/15/20 6:55 AM, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> what OS are you using ?
Debian 10
> I assume that your users have a uidNumber attribute and the Domain
> Users group has a gidNumber attribute.
You are correct.

I always prefer to double check that I have not confused myself on
issues/differences with source built (the way I use to run Samba 4.11)
and Louis/distro packages (my current setup.)

Point is, I thought I was correct that the Louis/distro packages should
know where to find "libnss_winbind.so.2".

As I do not see Louis on the list on the weekends and I am going away
for the weekend myself, I'll wait to see if Louis comments when we all
get back online on Monday.

Thanks for your help on this. I really appreciate it.

Stay safe!

--
(Sent from home location.)

Bob Wooden