[Samba] Samba DNS fails when queried with nslookup commands

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 13 08:46:04 UTC 2020

On 13/08/2020 09:29, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Thats not the point here, if this is a AD-DC or not.. ;-)

Hi Louis, cannot argue with anything you posted, but I am a minimalist,
why run something that isn't strictly needed or add default settings to
a conf file ?

In my opinion (for what it's worth), the only thing running, dns wise,
on a DC, should be the DC or Bind9, depending on which is the dns
server. running anything else is just more to debug if there is an error.

Rowland