[Samba] Samba DNS fails when queried with nslookup commands

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Aug 13 07:35:21 UTC 2020

On 13/08/2020 08:19, L.P.H. van Belle via samba wrote:
> Hai,
>
> Only the forwarder is running in this systemd setup.
> This :  127.0.0.53:53 does NOT conflict with normaly resolv.conf setting
> Because samba or any dns server does not run on 127.0.0.53
> Dont make the mistake to see this for : 127.0.0.1
Problem with that is (and it is what myself and Louis fall out over),
this is a DC and, in my opinion, there shouldn't be anything between the
client and DC. Turning off systemd-resolved is probably a good idea, but
Louis is correct, Samba apparently isn't listening on IPv4_address:53

Might be an idea to see the smb.conf and resolv.conf from the DC.

Rowland