[Samba] Using SSSD + AD with Samba seems to require Winbind be running

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 12 13:56:46 UTC 2020

On 12/08/2020 14:36, Robert Marcano via samba wrote:

> Don't assume what other people need or not.
There is a difference between 'need' and 'want'. You 'want' private
groups and are (it would seem) in a minority, You do 'need' them, there
are ways around this.

>>> There are meny others but my intention is not to advertice SSSD but
>>> help people that need to use it by company policy or by needed
>>> features.
>>
>> Please advertise it somewhere else :D
>
> I helped someone that asked with the big disclaimer about it being a
> non Samba configuration. Maybe I should just unsubscribe :(
Never said that. The problem with (if indeed it is a problem) with sssd
is that Samba does not produce it and we have limited knowledge about it
and cannot fix any bugs, the correct place to discuss sssd problems is
on the sssd-users mailing list

Rowland