[Samba] Creating a new Samba BDC and promoting to PDC

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Mon Aug 10 09:34:39 UTC 2020

Dont, its a waist of time, really

> Moving to AD-style domain is something I should do, but
> moving my PDC to another machine is more urgent.
Then urgently, setup a new AD-DC server + 1 member, move the old data to the member.
You can, if the username/password are the same, setup like this:

DOM\
NEWDOM\

Passthrougth auth will work for windows..

  winbind use default domain = yes

  to make it see as user:group again

I see you use Centos, im not much help with Centos, sorry. Im a Debian guy,
but with above you can setup new and keep old running as far its needed.
:-/ doing that for 4 years now.. But not im really moving my last smb1 servers out.
New pc's are added to the new domain with in GPO a drive mapping to old servers.

Greetz,

Louis