[Samba] User mapping?

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Aug 7 21:06:49 UTC 2020

On 07/08/2020 21:57, Simon Matthews wrote:

> Yes, but I have limited resources for IT and the upgrade to AD is
> somewhat intrusive to the network (I am thinking of the impact to DNS).

I understand, but I would put it on your to do list. Sooner or later,
one of two things will happen, Microsoft will break NT4-style domains
again, but not fix them this time, or Samba will totally remove SMBv1
and this will mean the end of nt4-style domains, you need SMBv1 for an
NT4-style domain.

Rowland