[Samba] CTDB question about "shared file system"

Robert Buck robert.buck at som.com
Wed Aug 5 21:10:11 UTC 2020

Could I impose upon someone to provide some guidance? Some hint? Thank you

Is a shared file system actually required? If etcd is used to manage the
global recovery lock, is there any need at that point for a shared file
system?

In other words, are there samba or CTDB files (state) that must be on a
shared file system, or can each clustered host simply have these files
locally?

What must be shared? What can be optionally shared?

The doc is not clear on this.

In our scenario, when we attempt to start up a second node, it always goes
into a banned state. If we shut down the healthy node and restart CTDB on
the "failed node" it now works. We're trying to understand this.

--

BOB BUCK
SENIOR PLATFORM SOFTWARE ENGINEER

SKIDMORE, OWINGS & MERRILL