[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 5 18:58:46 UTC 2020

 On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 08:39:59 a.m. EDT, Carl Hunter via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

  On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 06:43:52 a.m. EDT, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 On 04/08/2020 00:33, Carl Hunter wrote:

> Next question.  I've got a script that's supposed to run at a user
> login.  It works for the samba admin account.  I was able to change
> the permissions in Windows to get a user account to work.  I just
> tried a second user which I think is part of a different group than
> the first user and the logon script doesn't seem to run.  Is there a
> way in Windows (Windows 7 at the moment) to view all Samba AD DC users
> and groups?  All shared drives are controlled like this right?  No
> more chmod/chown?

Where is the script located ? Netlogon ?

What is it supposed to do ?

AD (Windows or Samba) uses SIDs, so a Windows user should see all users
and groups, but only on a Windows computer.

It's a bit different on a Unix domain member, Samba makes domain users
and groups into Unix ones, but not all of them.

I hope you can see from that it depends on where the script is run and
how, if it will work.

A bit more info will help ;-)

Rowland

Yes, the script is in Netlogon.  It maps a bunch of shares to drive letters and remaps local user folders to folders on the server.  Even though the script doesn't seem to run for all users I can still get to the shares on the network.
How would I go about creating or managing users with this Samba setup under Windows.  Is that possible?
Thanks
Carl

Any ideas as to why some of my users don't seem to run the script in the Netlogon share?  Is there a way in Windows to check and see if an attempt was make to run the script?  Or on Linux?
Thanks
Carl