[Samba] Time synchronization issues in Samba 4

Marcio Demetrio Bacci marciobacci at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:17:43 UTC 2020

Hi,

I configured my NTP server in samba 4 according to the article "
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Time_Synchronisation" however I verified
that the NTP server does not respond to requests from Windows NTPv3
clients, it only responds to NTPv4.

Following my ntp.conf:

# /etc/ntp.conf, configuration for ntpd; see ntp.conf(5) for help
driftfile /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
# Enable this if you want statistics to be logged.
#statsdir /var/log/ntpstats/
statistics loopstats peerstats clockstats
filegen loopstats file loopstats type day enable
filegen peerstats file peerstats type day enable
filegen clockstats file clockstats type day enable
# Local clock. Note that is not the "localhost" address!
server 127.127.1.0 version 3
fudge  127.127.1.0 stratum 10
# You do need to talk to an NTP server or two (or three).
#server ntp.your-provider.example
# pool.ntp.org maps to about 1000 low-stratum NTP servers.  Your server will
# pick a different set every time it starts up.  Please consider joining the
# pool: <http://www.pool.ntp.org/join.html>
server a.st1.ntp.br     iburst prefer
server b.st1.ntp.br     iburst prefer
driftfile       /var/lib/ntp/ntp.drift
logfile         /var/log/ntp
ntpsigndsocket  /var/lib/samba/ntp_signd/
# Access control
# Default restriction: Allow clients only to query the time
restrict default kod nomodify notrap nopeer mssntp
# No restrictions for "localhost"
restrict 127.0.0.1
# Enable the time sources to only provide time to this host
restrict a.st1.ntp.br  mask 255.255.255.255    nomodify notrap nopeer
noquery
restrict b.st1.ntp.br   mask 255.255.255.255    nomodify notrap nopeer
noquery

can anybody help me?

Regards,

Márcio Bacci