[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 4 12:39:01 UTC 2020

 On Tuesday, August 4, 2020, 06:43:52 a.m. EDT, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 On 04/08/2020 00:33, Carl Hunter wrote:

> Next question.  I've got a script that's supposed to run at a user
> login.  It works for the samba admin account.  I was able to change
> the permissions in Windows to get a user account to work.  I just
> tried a second user which I think is part of a different group than
> the first user and the logon script doesn't seem to run.  Is there a
> way in Windows (Windows 7 at the moment) to view all Samba AD DC users
> and groups?  All shared drives are controlled like this right?  No
> more chmod/chown?

Where is the script located ? Netlogon ?

What is it supposed to do ?

AD (Windows or Samba) uses SIDs, so a Windows user should see all users
and groups, but only on a Windows computer.

It's a bit different on a Unix domain member, Samba makes domain users
and groups into Unix ones, but not all of them.

I hope you can see from that it depends on where the script is run and
how, if it will work.

A bit more info will help ;-)

Rowland

Yes, the script is in Netlogon.  It maps a bunch of shares to drive letters and remaps local user folders to folders on the server.  Even though the script doesn't seem to run for all users I can still get to the shares on the network.
How would I go about creating or managing users with this Samba setup under Windows.  Is that possible?
Thanks
Carl