[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 3 14:39:06 UTC 2020

 On Monday, August 3, 2020, 03:21:02 a.m. EDT, Rowland penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 On 03/08/2020 00:29, Carl Hunter via samba wrote:

> Just got back from vacation.  I tried adding those shares and they seem to be working.  I went to the ACL link and followed the instructions to set the permissions in windows.  In the list of shares I see a couple I'm not sure of.  There's an IPC$, netlogon and sysvol share.  Do you know what these are for?  I see a netlogon section and sysvol section in the new smb.conf file.
> Thanks
> Carl

IPC$ is a special share that lists all other shares, 'netlogon' is a
share normally used for scripts run when a user logs in, Sysvol is the
share that stores GPO's.

Rowland

Question about the homes section in the smb.conf file.  Now that I have
        template shell = /bin/bash        template homedir = /home/%U
in the global section of the smb.conf file do I still need the
[homes]    read only = No

section any more?
Thanks
Carl