[Samba] Error compiling samba server in MacOS

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 3 08:22:21 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-08-03 at 10:05 +0200, Bruno Lorente Cantarero via samba
wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I'm trying to compile samba from macOS Catalina from several days
> ago
> without success, I'm a newbie on this kind of stuff over mac, so...
> It
> will probably be a noob error, but I'm lost.

>From the fact that random patches have to be applied to the fact that
Homebrew pulled their package of it I suggest that statistically about
people have done this.

If you like a challenge, you could probably get past these issues, but
be warned that even running an upstream Samba release on FreeBSD has
had its challenges from time to time, and this will be harder.

It has been a long time since I remember an active developer doing the
work to make MacOS go, and most of that went into the darwin port, not
upstream so has been lost.

Sorry!

Andrew Bartlett

--