[Samba] io_uring cause data corruption

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Thu Apr 30 17:28:19 UTC 2020

On Thu, Apr 30, 2020 at 10:25:49AM +0200, A L wrote:
> So I did some more tests. smbclient mget does not copy in the same way
> Windows Explorer does. When copying in Windows Explorer, there are many
> multiple concurrent threads used to transfer the files. With smbclient mget
> there are no corruptions, both locally and over the network from another
> Linux machine.

Client threads can't be seen over the network :-).

What matters is concurrent requests, and smbclient
certainly does issue concurrent requests up until
the credit window size of the server (or 256, whichever
is smaller).

What would be really interesting is a comparative
wireshark trace of the request pattern issued by
the threads on a Windows client vs. the request
pattern issued by smbclient.