[Samba] Removing IP address from DC

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Thu Apr 30 09:34:01 UTC 2020

On 30/04/2020 10:23, William Edwards via samba wrote:
> That's thinking in the wrong direction.
> I have no need to use IPv4. My network does IPv6, my VPN does IPv6, so why would I still use a legacy protocol?

No, you are thinking in the wrong direction, there is absolutely no
reason to use IPv6 internally. IPv6 only came about because of the
shortage of IPv4 addresses for global internet addresses, you can and
should use IPv4 addresses internally. However, it is your network and
you can decide to not use best practise.

Rowland