[Samba] Samba update cause windows incorrect password

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Tue Apr 28 10:51:00 UTC 2020

On Tue, 28 Apr 2020 12:31:09 +0200
"L.P.H. van Belle via samba" <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hai Rowland,
>
> Well, its based on that i have here.
> I run still a mixed setup here. ( 2 different domains )
>
> 2 servers 4.1.x as PDC/member on wheezy. (DOMAINA )
> 4.11.7 as AD-DC's (buster) DOMAINB
>
> All my windows clients login through AD-DC. (DOMAINB\username)
> I use the "Passthrough" auth for the shares on the PDC.
> (DOMAINA\username) I use GPO's to set the correct domain to pass..
> And %username% for the usersnames
>
> 0 problems here with windows 10 and my "PDC" is set with security =
> domain.
>
> Greetz,
>
> Louis

Thanks to both, but at the end which is the best way to reconfigure my
server without loose all my Windows machines?
If I put security = domain I'm unable to login.
security = ADS require kerberos and a lot of work, and at the end I'm
not sure that all my windows machines will works fine.

In my laboratory there are many windows 10 machines, the server shares
a lot of folders and I can't afford not to let a lot of people work to
do my tests.

I'm a bit confusing

> > --

  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY