[Samba] Offline login doesn't work with smbclient (NT_STATUS_NO_LOGON_SERVERS)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Tue Apr 28 00:19:20 UTC 2020

On Mon, 2020-04-27 at 23:47 +0200, Maverick via samba wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a samba4 AD setup with 2 DCs and one samba4 server with
> fileshares.
>
> If both my DCs are offline i can't login to any of the shares on the
> samba4 fileshare server with smbclient, but wbinfo -K works fine and
> ntlm_auth also works fine with offline cached credentials.

> Anyone has any idea what could be the problem?

This is as expected, offline login is only for local plaintext logins,
we don't do NTLM challenge-response against the offline store.

If you had a kerberos ticket from when the DC was online, you might be
able to use that however (it depends on if you need the AD DC for idmap
I think).

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/