[Samba] Share inaccessible intermittently and often - restarting smb cures for short time

David Faller d.faller at live.de
Fri Apr 24 17:37:34 UTC 2020

Don’t think we’re the only one with this problem,
We use it how I said for 3 Companies and we have this issue at all our customers after upgrade to 4.12, before we never had this problem.
Downgrade will solve this problem but stay always on an old version brings in future new problems.
We have a sernet subscription but no support package, that’s the reason why I write here.

The question is here how we can solve this issue, that windows clients can connect to the shares without issues and how we can debug this?

Reproducer the problem is easy, create new PDC and some shares, add 2 or 3 virtual clients and then try to connect with all clients a share.

Best Regards