[Samba] Samba update cause windows incorrect password

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Apr 22 19:01:21 UTC 2020

On 22/04/2020 19:25, Enrico Morelli via samba wrote:
>> On 22/04/2020 16:06, Enrico Morelli via samba wrote:
>>> Dear,
>>>
>>> on my debian system I upgraded samba from 4.5.16 to 4.9.5. My samba
>>> server is configured as domain controller.
>>>
>>> Now happens a strange thing. From a windows 10 client I'm able to login
>>> with a domain user without problem. But if I logout and try to enter
>>> the password for the same user, Windows tells me that the password is
>>> incorrect.
>>>
>>> To be able to loing, I've to select Other User, enter username and
>>> password and all works fine. But if I logout and enter the same
>>> password, Windows tells me "Incorrect password".

Apart from multiple default lines, there doesn't seem to anything really
wrong with your smb.conf, so it looks like this could be yet another
reason to not use Windows 10 with an NT4-style PDC.

You could try raising the log level, add 'log level = 10' to the
smb.conf and restart Samba, but beware, this will lead to a lot of output.

Rowland