[Samba] Samba update cause windows incorrect password

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Wed Apr 22 18:25:48 UTC 2020

On 22-04-2020 17:29, Rowland penny via samba wrote:
> On 22/04/2020 16:06, Enrico Morelli via samba wrote:
>> Dear,
>>
>> on my debian system I upgraded samba from 4.5.16 to 4.9.5. My samba
>> server is configured as domain controller.
>>
>> Now happens a strange thing. From a windows 10 client I'm able to
>> login
>> with a domain user without problem. But if I logout and try to enter
>> the password for the same user, Windows tells me that the password is
>> incorrect.
>>
>> To be able to loing, I've to select Other User, enter username and
>> password and all works fine. But if I logout and enter the same
>> password, Windows tells me "Incorrect password".
>>
>> In the samba log file I've only:
>>
>>   ./source3/auth/auth_winbind.c:129(check_winbind_security)
>>    check_winbind_security: pdb_enum_trusted_domains() failed -
>> NT_STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED
>>
>> No other error messages:
>>
>> Follow some configuration from smb.conf:
>>
> Please do not do that, it doesn't help, please post the entire smb.conf
>
> Rowland

Ok.

[global]
	workgroup = DOMAIN
	server string = Samba Server Version %v

	netbios name = pdc
	hosts allow = 127. 192.168.100.
	name resolve order = lmhosts
	security = user
	passdb backend = tdbsam

	ntlm auth = yes
	lanman auth = no
	client ntlmv2 auth = yes
	client use spnego = no
	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	domain logons = yes

         server max protocol = NT1
	#server max protocol = SMB3
	#server min protocol = SMB3

	browse list = yes

	# the login script name depends on the machine name
;	logon script = %m.bat
	# the login script name depends on the unix user used
	logon script = logon.bat
	logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
	# disables profiles support by specifing an empty path
	logon drive = Z:
	;logon path =
;	logon home =

	add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -n -c "Workstation (%u)" -M -d
/n
ohome -s /bin/false "%u"
	delete user script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u"
	delete user from group script = /usr/sbin/userdel "%u" "%g"
	delete group script = /usr/sbin/groupdel "%g"
	wins support = yes
;	wins server = w.x.y.z
	wins proxy = yes

	dns proxy = yes
[homes]
	comment = Home Directories
	browseable = no
	writable = yes
	hide dot files = yes
	nt acl support = no
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700
	;valid users = %S
;	valid users = MYDOMAIN\%S
[netlogon]
	comment = Network Logon Service
	path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
	browseable = no
	read only = yes
	guest ok = no
	writable = no

[Profiles.V6]
	path = /win_shares/profiles/%u.V6
	read only = no
	create mask = 0600
	directory mask = 0700
	browseable = no
	guest ok = no
	printable = no

   Enrico Morelli
   System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

   CERM - Polo Scientifico
   via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY