[Samba] Samba update cause windows incorrect password

Enrico Morelli morelli at cerm.unifi.it
Wed Apr 22 15:06:36 UTC 2020

Dear,

on my debian system I upgraded samba from 4.5.16 to 4.9.5. My samba
server is configured as domain controller.

Now happens a strange thing. From a windows 10 client I'm able to login
with a domain user without problem. But if I logout and try to enter
the password for the same user, Windows tells me that the password is
incorrect.

To be able to loing, I've to select Other User, enter username and
password and all works fine. But if I logout and enter the same
password, Windows tells me "Incorrect password".

In the samba log file I've only:

 ./source3/auth/auth_winbind.c:129(check_winbind_security)
  check_winbind_security: pdb_enum_trusted_domains() failed -
NT_STATUS_NOT_IMPLEMENTED

No other error messages:

Follow some configuration from smb.conf:

security = user
	passdb backend = tdbsam

	ntlm auth = yes
	lanman auth = no
	client ntlmv2 auth = yes
	client use spnego = no

	domain master = yes
	local master = yes
	domain logons = yes

        server max protocol = NT1
	#server max protocol = SMB3
	#server min protocol = SMB3

The parameters ntlm, lanman, ntlmv2 and spnego are attempts to solve
the problem.

Someone can help me?

Thanks
  Enrico Morelli
  System Administrator | Programmer | Web Developer

  CERM - Polo Scientifico
  via Sacconi, 6 - 50019 Sesto Fiorentino (FI) - ITALY