[Samba] markedly fewer objects in dbcheck after upgrade to 4.12.1 from 4.11.6

ray klassen julius_ahenobarbus at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Apr 17 23:27:03 UTC 2020

Recently upgraded my 3 dc's to samba 4.12.1

as part of the install ran dbcheck --cross-ncs on each dc after make install
first dc dbcheck reported 5474 objectssecond dc reported 5476 objects
last dc (the one with all the fsmo roles, etc.)  reported 1406 objects!

now all of them report 1406 objects. (drs replication obviously)
ADUC, DNS, GPO manager all seem to have the requisite data. I THINK all the users and computers are there.
but that reduction is worrisome. Was it all cruft? I have no way of knowing.

Some reassurance or alarm would help.
Ray