[Samba] Samba-tool error after update to 4.12.0

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Apr 16 10:33:55 UTC 2020

Idea to think about before we change the wiki.

I dont know what you guys say about this but..this part on the wiki..

Compiling Samba requires only a few steps:

Install all dependencies. See Package Dependencies Required to Build Samba.
Download the sources from samba.org
Extract the source package
Run
./configure
make
>> maybe add here.. : stop samba
sudo make install
>> and add: start samba.

And if im correct you dont see these anymore.
> ldb: unable to dlopen /usr/lib64/samba/ldb/local_password.so :
> /usr/lib64/samba/libsamdb-common-samba4.so: version `SAMBA_4.11.6' not

Greetz,

Louis