[Samba] CTDB and locking issues reloaded

Giuseppe Lo Presti Giuseppe.LoPresti at cern.ch
Thu Apr 16 08:42:13 UTC 2020

On 15/04/2020 16:57, Ralph Boehme via samba wrote:
> Am 4/15/20 um 10:59 AM schrieb Giuseppe Lo Presti via samba:
>> So the question is do you acknowledge the correct behaviour should be to
>> prevent the second client from getting the lock?
>
> yes. My bet: your cluster filesystem device nummer differs across nodes. Cf:

Bingo!

Indeed inodes are (obviously) identical, but device numbers differ. For
the record, the solution has been to include as suggested:

   vfs objects = fileid
   fileid:algorithm = fsname

in the global configuration. With this, Microsoft Office - the real use
case - works correctly by detecting files opened by other users, no
matter which gateway users hit.

So thanks a lot, case solved. And what would be your advice concerning
the other locking settings? In particular:

   posix locking = no
   strict locking = no
   oplocks = no
   level2 oplocks = no