[Samba] Samba-tool error after update to 4.12.0

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Apr 16 07:12:16 UTC 2020

On Thu, 2020-04-16 at 07:34 +0100, Rowland penny wrote:
> On 15/04/2020 21:29, Andrew Bartlett via samba wrote:
> > That is correct.  Most of the time this isn't an issue because the
> > new
> > ldb modules, linking to the new symbol versions, overwrite the old
> > files on 'make install'.
> >
> > However we chose to remove some obsolete ldb modules in the 4.12
> > cycle
> > and so the old modules remain, triggering these warnings.
> >
> > We notice the old modules because we try to load all the modules
> > during
> > startup of ldb to see if they wish to provide hooks for the command
> > line handling in the ldb* tools.  (But this happens for all ldb
> > consumers, including samba-tool).
> >
> > Andrew Bartlett
> >

> Andrew, if we are going to do things like this, don't you think it
> would
> be a good idea to document it in the release notes ?

We could.

This isn't the first time we have removed modules, and we haven't ever
promised that you can install Samba on top of an existing installation,
but you would be correct to say it has often worked.

Andrew Bartlett
--
Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org