[Samba] maximum ad domain controller unavialability time

Alex MacCuish alex at maccuish.org.uk
Tue Apr 14 09:02:03 UTC 2020

HI Valery

A DC is never "removed" automatically from AD, but, at least from the
Windows perspective, the longest period would be the tombstone lifetime.
After this has passed, the DC would have objects "lingering", as the
deletion of an object could have already occurred at other DCs and then
the marker of the deletion itself removed, which of course means there
is no way to communicate the deletion after this final point. I believe
Windows automatically blocks replication and disables the netlogon
service when it detects such a situation. I'm not sure what samba would do.

Alex