[Samba] How to force Winbind to use port 445 to talk to Windows Active Directory

Raees Khan raees.khan0 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 8 21:34:56 UTC 2020

Hi Andrew,
I added '--option=smb ports=445' to the unit file but the problem is still reproducible. In face, I added 'smb ports = 445' in the global section of smb.conf but I still see winbind making connection to AD DC on port 139.
Following is the log extracted output of `winbind -i -d 3`.
connection_ok: Connection to dc.domain.com for domain XXX is not connectedConnecting to xxx.xx.xx.xx at port 445Connecting to xxx.xx.xx.xx at port 139