[Samba] Join new DC to domain - advice to upgrade Samba 4.

Daniel Lopes de Carvalho daniel at cepetro.unicamp.br
Tue Apr 7 19:07:04 UTC 2020

Hi Rowland,

I followed this guide:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Demoting_a_Samba_AD_DC#Demoting_an_Offline_Domain_Controller
and transfered all FSMO to ADC02

root at adc02[~] samba-tool fsmo show
SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br
InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br
RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br
PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br
DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br
DomainDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br
ForestDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS
Settings,CN=ADC02,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=test,DC=example,DC=domain,DC=br

Thanks

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 4:24 PM Rowland penny via samba <
samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> On 07/04/2020 20:12, Daniel Lopes de Carvalho wrote:
> > No, there is no firewall... They are on the same network without any
> > blocking...
> >
> > Let me tell you a little about my scenario...
> >
> > When I installed Samba4 as my main AD (2018), I had ADC01 that was my
> > primary DC and after I joined the ADC02 without any problem. And in
> > the beginning of 2019, I joined a Windows Server 2008 R2 as my
> > ADC03. All of them worked well until (around a year) I had a hardware
> > problem with ADC01 that I had to exec offline demote.
> >
> > After this problem, ADC03 is unable to sync with ADC02. I have
> > uninstalled AD on ADC03 and tried to install it again but without
> > sucess. Then I tried this new DCS01 and here I'm...
> >
> When you 'forcibly' demoted ADC01, what did you do about the FSMO roles ?
>
> Rowland
>

> --

Daniel Lopes de
Carvalhohttp://www.unisim.cepetro.unicamp.brdaniel@cepetro.unicamp.br