[Samba] [Announce] Samba 4.12.1 Available for Download

Karolin Seeger kseeger at samba.org
Tue Apr 7 07:02:01 UTC 2020

Release Announcements
---------------------

This is the latest stable release of the Samba 4.12 release series.

Changes since 4.12.0
--------------------

o  Douglas Bagnall <douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz>
   * BUG 14295: nmblib: Avoid undefined behaviour in handle_name_ptrs().

o  Björn Baumbach <bb at sernet.de>
   * BUG 14296: samba-tool group: Handle group names with special chars
     correctly.

o  Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>
   * BUG 14293: Add missing check for DMAPI offline status in async DOS
     attributes.
   * BUG 14295: Starting ctdb node that was powered off hard before results in
     recovery loop.
   * BUG 14307: smbd: Ignore set NTACL requests which contain S-1-5-88 NFS ACEs.
   * BUG 14316: vfs_recycle: Prevent flooding the log if we're called on
     non-existant paths.

o  Günther Deschner <gd at samba.org>
   * BUG 14313: librpc: Fix IDL for svcctl_ChangeServiceConfigW.
   * BUG 14327: nsswitch: Fix use-after-free causing segfault in
     _pam_delete_cred.

o  Art M. Gallagher <repos at artmg.net>
   * BUG 13622: fruit:time machine max size is broken on arm.

o  Amitay Isaacs <amitay at gmail.com>
   * BUG 14294: CTDB recovery corner cases can cause record resurrection and
     node banning.

o  Noel Power <noel.power at suse.com>
   * BUG 14332: s3/utils: Fix double free error with smbtree.

o  Martin Schwenke <martin at meltin.net>
   * BUG 14294: CTDB recovery corner cases can cause record resurrection and
     node banning.
   * BUG 14295: Starting ctdb node that was powered off hard before results in
     recovery loop.
   * BUG 14324: CTDB recovery daemon can crash due to dereference of NULL
     pointer.

joining the #samba-technical IRC channel on irc.freenode.net.

If you do report problems then please try to send high quality
feedback. If you don't provide vital information to help us track down
the problem then you will probably be ignored.  All bug reports should
be filed under the Samba 4.1 and newer product in the project's Bugzilla
database (https://bugzilla.samba.org/).

== Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
== The Samba Team

================
Download Details
================

The uncompressed tarballs and patch files have been signed
using GnuPG (ID 6F33915B6568B7EA).  The source code can be downloaded
from:

        https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/

The release notes are available online at:

        https://www.samba.org/samba/history/samba-4.12.1.html

Our Code, Our Bugs, Our Responsibility.
(https://bugzilla.samba.org/)

                        --Enjoy