[Samba] Problem with File Server

Charly Bor cgermanb at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 22:48:39 UTC 2020

I have a file server joined to the samba domain and it has about 400 users,
some can access the folders without problems and others access the share
but not some of the folders. This was working but apparently someone
modified the smb.conf, more specifically the idmap and now that I have
placed it as it was originally the error continues to persist. Also at one
point I was throwing allocating GID error, this was fixed but certain users
cannot enter certain folders in which they have permissions. Something you
can do or something you can provide to see what is happening? Thanks, Carlos