[Samba] Trust with 2016 functional level

Mario Codeniera mario.codeniera at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 01:46:02 UTC 2020

Hi,

We are a bit concerned now as our main windows servers wanted to upgrade to
2016 functional level from 2008 R2 functionality.

One-way trust working well on the samba AD (samba-dc-4.11.6), my query if
they upgrade to 2016 functionality both the forest and domain, are we
affected with it? In other words, we can't login the users in the main
server via samba AD? As they plan to upgrade in a couple of days as we did
not inform ahead of time for further testing, at least we can delay if not
working.

Hope somebody can insights or have experience with like this scenario.

Kind regards
Mario