[Samba] Windows Clients are given access to parent directories of the path configured as a Share path

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Apr 5 12:55:23 UTC 2020

On 05/04/2020 13:14, Neelakantan Kannappa (nkannapp) wrote:
> Hi Rowland,
>
> Here are the details.
>
> Samba Version String:
> [root at XXX ~]# /XXX/samba/usr/sbin/smbd --version
> Version 4.7.3
> [root at XXX ~]#
>
> Operating System: Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 7.5 (Maipo)

OK, there are several default lines and several lines where I went
'why?', but what I do not see is any 'idmap config' lines. Now this
either means you have a borked smb.conf or you are using sssd. If the
latter is the case, then you need to ask on the sssd-users mailing list,
this is because that is what is doing your authentication.

You should also be aware that once you hit Samba >= 4.8.0, you cannot
use sssd with Samba.

Rowland