[Samba] Prevent `wbinfo -u` from making Winbind unresponsive

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Fri Apr 3 17:46:54 UTC 2020

Am 4/1/20 um 11:09 PM schrieb Alexey A Nikitin via samba:
> Is there a way, preferrably without ugly hacks, to prevent this from happening on accident, by mistake? By this I mean ideally so that Winbind remains responsive even if someone mistakenly ran `wbinfo -u` or `wbinfo -g`, but limiting the result sets of these commands or blocking them altogether is acceptable too.

well, blocking it altogether by means of a new smb.conf option (maybe
wbinfo enum users|groups ?) would be trivial.

It would be interesting to know whether you see the issue with settings
of winbind max domain connections higher then the default of 1. If so,
does increasing it to some sane value eg 10 help?

-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                https://samba.org/
Samba Developer, SerNet GmbH   https://sernet.de/en/samba/